The New Testament will come to life in a way never before.
Passages will have a brief commentary, while enabling you to see how background material—such as intertestamental history, Judaism, and other historical matter to helps interpret the text.
This fifth edition of Robert Gundry's classic, widely-used textbook includes updates and revisions throughout and a fresh, full-color design, including:
- More photos and updated/improved maps.
- Links to relevant websites for further study.
- Outlines, study goals, summaries, and review questions for each chapter.
- Phonetic pronunciations for unfamiliar names and terms.
- Breakouts with illustrative quotes from ancient, nonbiblical literature.
- Updated bibliographies.